How Can We Help?
Hobart College provides a range of support services to students. We understand and value the diversity of our learners and our Student Services team can provide you with advice on a range of issues.
For all appointments, please contact the College Office on 6220 3133.
We offer the following services:
- Timetable questions and course changes
- TCE issues
- Exam preparation.
Book an appointment to meet confidentially with our school psychologists about:
- Emotional support
- Crisis support
- Mental health support and psychoeducation
- Help with study skills
- Managing stress and coping strategies
- Relaxation techniques
- TASC reasonable adjustments
- Educational assessment and support around study
- Someone to talk to.
School Health Nurse
Our health nurse can answer any questions you might have about:
- Drugs, alcohol and smoking
- Sexual health and contraception
- Sleep and mental health
- Healthy eating and body image
- General health and wellbeing.
Our social worker can help you with:
- Counselling – emotional, crisis support, alcohol and drugs
- Advice and Referral
- Housing and Centrelink.
Our Careers Adviser is available in the Library at designated times to talk with students about pathways options. Make an appointment to speak about:
- Career and tertiary options
- Pathway planning
- Access support for preparing resumes, writing job applications and planning for interviews
- Australian School-based Apprenticeships (ASbA) and Traineeships
- Work Placements.